||New Philadelphia, OH
|| Part-time, Full-time
Paramedic diagnoses, treats and transports (ALS and BLS) patients with a variety of diseases and injuries by performing the following duties (within parameters of license).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of, and compliance with all Smith Ambulance policies and procedures
- Demonstrate the attitude of a Health Care Professional to include, but not be limited to, maintaining a clean appearance, demonstrating courteous, professional and ethical behavior, and demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively with other members of the EMS Health Care System.
- Demonstrate a sincere desire to continually improve and upgrade the skills and knowledge of the emergency medical profession.
- Demonstrate the ability to render competent patient care in both pre-hospital and inter-facility setting
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of, and compliance with, all applicable protocols for emergency treatment and transportation as per Smith Ambulance and/or local and regional Medical Control
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required inspecting, safely operation and maintaining an emergency vehicle and demonstrating knowledge and compliance with all laws pertaining to the operation of an emergency vehicle.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge of a Paramedic as per the standards set forth by the United States Department of Transportation – National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and/or the Department of Health.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required inspecting, safely operating and maintaining all equipment and tools relevant to a Paramedic
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate patient information to other members of the health care profession
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate information through the proper “chain of command”, to management and other employees of Smith Ambulance
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance with local, state and regional emergency medical service operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately and completely document information required by Smith Ambulance, the Department of Health and local Medical Control
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately and completely document the required information on the Smith Ambulance Ambulance Run Ticket
- Demonstrate, by attendance and documentation, compliance with the Smith Ambulance and/or the Department of Health requirements for continuing education and licensure
- Submit all continuing education documentation to Smith Ambulance Management on a quarterly basis
- Attend and participate in all required continuing education/meeting of Smith Ambulance and/or the Medical Director
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of duties as a Paramedic
- Demonstrate the ability to clean and maintain the cleanliness of Smith Ambulance property, including, but not limited to, vehicles, equipment, buildings and surrounding areas
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to orient and train new Smith Ambulance employees
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to function in the System Status Management program
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately and completely document the required information on the Smith Ambulance Daily Vehicle Inspection form and the Smith Ambulance Daily Equipment Inventory form.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of a qualified Paramedic program and acceptance for licensure in the State of Ohio
- One year related experience
- Maintain current Valid Ohio Driver’s License
- Maintain, on file, current and valid EMT Paramedic License
- Maintain, on file, current and valid ALS certification
- Maintain, on file, current certification cards on all other skill based pay level (BTLS, PALS, NALS, etc.)
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 125 pounds
- Frequently lift and/or move more than 125 pounds including lifting, moving and carrying patients up and down stairs